i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Merrily-We-Go-Round Jr.


Yesterday JFC and I spent a wonderful afternoon at our friend Wade's place. This place was an animal wonderland if you ask me. I'm talking llamas, an alpaca, goats, sheep, rabbits, geese, ducks, chickens, 2 roosters and even some birds from africa that I can't remember the name of.
This particular llama was named Lance. And he was quite the greedy guts when it came to the seeds we were feeding him. We tried to feed the lady llamas as well but they started getting snippy with each other and spitting so we decided to go back and play with the goats again. I would love to own land some day and have some animals (namely sheep for my own selfish reason..heh heh)

Anyways...on to the knitting!!

I finished this little diddy last week, but the pictures turned out bad and I was just lazy so you aren't seeing it til' now. I finally decided I didn't care that the pictures weren't the best...if I end up with a better one I will post it. heh heh

This is essentially the same pattern that I used for JFC's Merrily we go round hat. I just thinned out the lines in the spiral a bit and made it a touch smaller.

I really like the looser fit so I have the option to tuck my hair inside of it when hiking and what not. I wish you could see the spiralling effect a bit better in these pictures...but what can you do? I did finally write out the pattern for it, so if anyone is interested I will post it on here. It is a very quick and easy knit that looks more complicated than it is. It only took me about 2 or 3 hours to finish it.

I am still working steadily on the leg warmers from Knit2Together...so I willl take a progress shot soon!

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Lance the Llama is adorable!! What a fun place your friend's home must be to visit.
The hat looks great on you. I love the color.

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested, I'M INTERESTED!!
please post the pattern! :-))

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, please post up the pattern! I just lost my favourite hat and have failed to find a pattern to knit a replacement - your one looks great...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home