i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, November 06, 2006

It's a good thing

So my plan was to post this FO the day after I finished them...Halloween. I felt like a deconstructed pumpkin wearing them.


Unfortunately life happened and I just never had a chance to write a post. So here they are now!


I have never been one for matching so I don't mind that they are completely different. I loved playing around with the colors, and plan to continue focusing on that more.



I am really happy with how the orange one turned out. The mohair is very subtle, but it definitely brightens them up a bit, and not to mention makes them even softer than they would have been with just the worsted yarn alone. And I still have some of that mohair left. I can't believe how far that tiny little bundle stretched.



I also got a little treat this weekend. This beautiful yarn (pictured very crappily here...sorry..heh heh) is from Woven Art. I l.o.v.e. the colors. Greens, browns, and blues. I have so many things I want to make out of it I am just wondering how far I can stretch these 560 yards of goodness. I first plan to make a Merrily-We-Go-Round hat, like the one I made for JFC. Then I was also thinking some kneesocks? Or maybe another Tubular Camisole. Oh the possibilities....

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go for the tubular camisole and make it a fitted one, it'll suit you better! And if there's some leftover, you can always make an extra hat.
Cudo's on the legwarmers, very funky combo. And what's more... they look extremely soft and comfy.:-)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Sabrina Hirsch said...

Oooooh FUNKY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home