i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Year in Waiting



I cast on for this sweater last October. After realizing I had made the entire body much much too big...it was put into a basket never to see the light of day again. Until a week or so ago. I have been promising poor JFC a sweater for so long. And finally, finally I sat down with that oversized sweater in my lap, frogged it, and recast on for a more appropriate size.



And now just about a week later it is done and dusted. Thank goodness. And it looks great on him! I was worried it would be too small this time, but he prefers it tighter with such a bulky yarn. The pattern is the Berkshire Pullover from Weekend Knits. I used Lions Brand bulky yarn in a dark gray and it only took about 3 and 1/2 - 4 balls. I made the smallest size, and added ribbing to the bottom and cuffs instead of the roll bottoms the book had.



JFC waited very patiently. And I have to say, seeing him wear it (yes, he even wore it in public!) was the best reward. So many worries and doubts come into your mind when knitting a bigger project, i.e. a sweater, and when it is for someone else it is doubled. So I am just tickled pink that it turned out so well!

In other good news, I have gotten back to my knitting machine self, and already have another FO to share...but that my friends will have to wait until tomorrow as I am pooped.

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

It looks great on him. I wish I could get the men in my life to wear the things I knit for them.
Well done!

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweater looks great!! Your man's kinda cute, too! You've inspired me. I just pulled an unfinished sweater out that I knit for myself in the spring, all that was left was the finishing and the hoodie. It is huge! I don't know what I was thinking. I put it back away, but now I think I'll frog it and start over. Thanks.

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn... my comments won't seem to stick where I post them. I've commented a bunch of times, but they never appear... :-(

(love the sweater, it looks fab on him!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home