i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

M....I....shhhh....I...G....A....N



Well I'm back in my hometown. The traveling was very tiring but I thinking I am adjusting quickly. And I can't complain, poor JFC had to get on planes #4 AND 5 and continue onto England. Talk about jetlag. Ouch.

I have tried to control myself and have only gone to the yarn store once. And I didn't allow myself to buy any yarn! I just picked up the Addi Turbos I needed to start the socks I brought yarn for. But man is there a lot of yarn in there that i NEEEED. And I have to say, after casting on for Baudelaire with my handpainted yarn Aqua fluff, I l-o-v-e the addi turbos. And I am enjoying the toe up knitting.

As for being back on the mainland...I still cant' get over how cute my nephews are and how wonderful it has been hanging out with all 4 of my siblings and my parents. And school spirit is just a block from my front door:

did I mention I was a Trojan cheerleader?? heh heh

I go back to work tomorrow at the restaurant. I cant' wait to treat myself to a little yarny goodness after getting a paycheck :) There are so many crafty things I want to do while I have all of these wonderful resources at my fingertips. And hopefully with all of the inspiration (and the fact that I plan to force my sister to learn how to knit) I will have plenty of juicy blogs coming up.

Edited to Add: I totally forgot! I finished the Asymmetrical Cardigan and gifted it to my sister Meagann who looks fabulous in it...but I don't have a picture!! I will take one as soon as she wears it over again.

2 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

can't wait to see the picture! I'm so proud of you for not going mad in de LYS! I would have never been able not not buy anything...

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Delia said...

he he... I was a cheerleader in my former life too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home