i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh Snow!



So Michigan weather is pretty iconic for being "swift changing." It's the kind of place where one day it is 80 degrees and sunny and the next day we have 3 feet of snow after a freak blizzard.



So I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised that it snowed today...even if it is only the beginning of October. But I feel like I should be stringing up lights and practing my caroling. I mean seriously, it isn't even Halloween yet. Just a few days a go I was sitting in the sun...and could almost describe myself as HOT. Now...I am wondering if I brought enough hats mittens and scarves. And to think I packed a skirt! I have a feeling that puppy isn't leaving the suitcase. And once again, I couldn't be happier to be a knitter as we are so prepared for things like snow when the leaves haven't even had a chance to change color!



These wool socks I am knitting I am sure will prove to be very handy indeed. The pattern, Baudelaire, is a very entertaining knit. And I am really enjoying watching my handpainted yarn change color with every stitch. They are a little on the big side, but that is my own fault, my gauge is a little off, but I was too stubborn to use a different yarn. Now that I am back working full time, the knitting progress has slowed a bit, so I think I better go hop to it!

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sabrina Hirsch said...

Snow?! Oh my! I love the new socks, nice work, stay warm!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

i totally missed this post... oh my...
snow and the color green, my two favorite items éver!
great sockage! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home