i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Edit : Undo



When it comes to knitting...and especially the project I am currently working on...and well even life in general...I wish I had an Undo button. I wish I could just push Control Z and go back a step or 2. I am making the Asymmetrical Cardigan from Knittiing Nature...and I don't even have a picture to post of it, because the needle is so full of stitches I am afraid if I move it they will all fall off. She advises to use straight needles. Let me tell you...that isn't the best idea. Oh sure...you can make it work, but you better have one of those handy needle point topper things if you plan on setting it down otherwise you can say peace out to at least 20 of the those edge stitches. and the weight! holding up a needle so fully loaded...well lets just say my wrists are getting quite the workout.

I love this cardigan. I want it to be mine. But I will tell ya....it puts you thru hell and back trying to get it done. The directions are minimal to say the most. Now I love this book, and have done nothing but rave about it...but I could use a little more guidance. Especially with this pattern (the first pattern in the book I might add!) The chart is beyond confusing as she has you start and stop depending on the size you are doing...which sounds simple enough, and maybe it is and I just struggle...but I'm thinking no. she decreases and adds stitches without at all altering where you need to begin on the chart so that these hexagons don't end up all misalligned.

*deep breath* so basically, I'm struggling a bit (a big bit). I have frogged and restarted the front so many times I was worried the yarn might just fall apart. But I have taken matter into my own hands. adjusting the chart where I see fit. Is this wise? Should I have just trusted in the designer? Did as I was told? Maybe...only time will tell.



In other (very exciting) news...as of this afternoon I was informed that I am officially a Resident of New Zealand!! I am relieved to be done with that process and so excited that it all went smoothly. I was worried that it wouldn't be finished before I left to go back to Michigan for a long visit, and that would effect it and cause more delays. But with just a week left it looks like I am all set!

One last thought to leave you with...waxing your underarms, when you have never tried such a task...well lets just say it is another one of those times I wouldn't mind having that undo button. ouch.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

haha girl you's funny!
about the sore wrists, maybe it helps if you put either one or maybe two of the needles under your arms while knitting to support the weight.
CONGRATS on becoming a Kiwi! Yay!
Oh check out my latest post, it's kind of the same, hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home