i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Merrily-We-Go-Round


Well after JFC lost the other hat I made him this year...so I finally got around to making him a new one. He wanted something that kind of spiraled so this is what I came up with. I think it is very subtle, but with enough flare to catch the eye. I used a natural undyed n.z. wool that I had made his last hat out of, and luckily had just enough (only about 1/2 a yard left over!)

So there you go! his new "Merrily-We-Go-Round" Hat! Hopefully he won't lose this one :)

I also knit up a swatch for the Asymmetrical Cardigan in Knitting Nature, which I will hopefully finish before heading to the states in a few weeks, where I should be quickly greeted with a colder winter than the one I just experienced here...brrrr.


In other news...I had planned on posting on Sunday evening but it seems we forgot that we had guests coming to stay for 2 days! Woops. Got home sunday night to the phone ringing...they had been in town for about 5 hours. heh heh. Next time it seems we better write down the dates. All in all though, it turned out really nice. I must say it has been wonderful having people around so much at the house lately.

Oh yes...and one more word of caution: It isn't always the best idea to drink that extra glass of wine the night before hoofing it up a very steep 2 hour walk...ouch. But the views were spectacular! We could see all the way to the ocean...very nice.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful view - wow. I love that hat - what stitch pattern did you use to get it to spiral?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger mle said...

The sky is gorgeous! that swatch is really cool too! can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that hat great job:)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

Girl, post the pattern!! I love it, and I'm sure Boyfriend Dear will too, you designer you!
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home