i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Cross-eyed Bear that you gave to me...

So do you remember that angry song that made alanis morsette so popular way back when? I think it was called "you oughta know" and it was about an exboyfriend?? Anyways in it she sings (well i thought that she sang) something along the lines of "its not fair to deny me the CROSS-EYED BEAR that you gave to me!" And I remember thinking...yeah taking gifts back isn't nice. Then again if i was her, I probably wouldn't want the teddy bear anymore anyways.
Well I just recently realized that what she was actually saying was "..to deny me the cross I Bare, that you gave to me." heavy. heh heh heh

Anyways...this here is the cutest tape measure in the world. I had seen these before at JoAnn's but they were poor quality. Then I was at my LYS just a few days ago and found a table full of these adorable little things from Lantern Moon. You pull on the tail for the tape measure and then there is a button in its belly that pulls it back in. I l.o.v.e. it!

And this little girl right here is also the cutest thing ever. Whizzle, as my dad calls her, has a tongue that is too long for her mouth so it is always sticking out. Which means I am pretty much laughing the entire time I am at my dad and tracy's house.


And last, but not least...well ok kind of least. i have been slacking on the knitting big time. I have just been so busy with work and family stuff that I have barely been knitting for more than 10 to 15 minutes a day. And this is all i have to show:

The first 12" of my leg warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts". I love how the author describes the use of color and how by holding a strand of solid (in my case the lambs pride and bright green) yarn and a mohair (i'm using a darker greenish brown) to get such a fun new color effect. I will definitely be playing around with this a lot more.

Oh and those other legwarmers I want to make from Knit2Together...I didnt have the right needles, but I got them the other day so hopefully I will get back on track with the knitting pretty quick here!

4 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have that same tape measure from lantern moon.....LOVE IT! can't wait to see those leg warmers!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really is the cutest dog ever!

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wizzel?
Wizzle?? Wissel???
WHIZZLE!!!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Sabrina Hirsch said...

Whizzle, are you serious, yikes, that little puff is cute!
I am alway excited to read you blog and I am knitting those leg warmers from knit 2tog, for some reason we end up knitting almost all of the same projects, coincidence? I think not!
cheers,
Sabrina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home