i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Now I Understand

I now understand why people have maids. We are getting ready for our inspection on Friday and so we need to have the house "rentable" and also remove all traces that a cat has decided to live here. In my younger days I assumed cleaning was basically about 3 to 4 things...laundry, dishes, dusting & vacuuming. Those 4 things...I do not mind. In fact, given the right mood, I enjoy them. But then there is the other cleaning...the REAL cleaning. The cleaning mom would do in the spring as we stood by thinking she was crazy. Because when you are young, and people clean for you...you don't realize HOW MUCH they clean. And how DIRTY things can get.

Dust. I. hate. dust.
Condensation I. hate. condensation.
dust + condensation = nasty gunk that I want nothing to do with.

Dust gets in places I didn't know dust could get in to! Sure throw me a vacuum! Toss me some dishes! But please don't ever make me clean the "gunk" out of a window sill or the odd little ledge that you forget about in the corner of the kitchen. Or the drips that drip down that handy dishwasher....or *gag* the weird little hairs *gag gag gag* and what not that you have to pull from *oh god here it comes* the drains...and please, please, please, somebody install a garbage disposal in our kitchen sink cause you don't even want to *gag* know what I have to pull out of there. Thank the sunshine king we are vegetarians!

Ok enough about that...I feel nauseous.

Onward HO! so knitting...I have been knitting. The problem is I am getting sick of little projects...I want to do more and more big projects. Sweaters, cardigans, and camisoles...oh my! But that throws a damper on the whole blogging as I just don't have as much to show...and you can only take so many progress pictures...anyways I am getting sidetracked...lets move on...


I am knitting Shedir for JFC, as he lost his other hat. I am knitting it out of some natural undyed new zealand wool. It is slow going though do to the intricate cable pattern and my slippery metal cable needle. I am thinking of using the needle-less cable method to speed things up.


I am also working on the Shell Tank from Knitting Nature, after being thoroughly impressed with how Anna's turned out. I am using Cotone in a pretty leaf green (yeah i know i am getting a little too excited about green lately..what can i say). I am doing it in the smallest size, but with 2 inches of length added on as I am not too into the whole show me your tum-tum deal. I am finished with the back and eagerly moving on to the front bits.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

I can totally relate to the cleaning. We both work and don't have a cleaning lady to do the 'gag-work' for us.
I'm always focussing on the 4 things you mentioned and every once in a while I get very particular about one thing, let's say the kitchen floor. I'll scrub till I drop and yet, the next day, it's grubby again.

This week I cleaned the vacuum thing over the stove, what's that called??
It was sooooooooo gross, fat everywhere, yikes!

You're knitsinprogress look great, can't wait to see the tank finished. That book is definatly on my birthdaylist, great stuff!

:-)

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I'm glad you linked to Anna's tank - it looks so much more appealing than the shot in the book. I love that book, but some of the artsy photography makes it hard to visualize those sweaters on real people. I know! I'll just watch your knit your way through the book and be inspired! :) Happy knitting!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger catsmum said...

cleaning BAD knitting GOOOOOOOD
your description almost had me gagging along with you :] anyway, moving on... thanks for the link to the needleless cables. I don't mind cable needles but I will admit that the thought of yet another needle had put me off trying cabled socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home