i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Micah Phillip

First and most importantly...please meet my brand new nephew! Micah Phillip, held here my 2 other absolutely adorable nephews- Aidan Xavier and Trace Urban!!! I can't wait to see all of them in less than a month!

And because I am such a good little knitter...I also present to you an FO!...okay so its been a while since I had something finished to show you..heh heh.

And here is a closer picture:

and cloooser:

and my normal shot in my pajamas just before bed. This is the Shell Tank from Knitting Nature. I did the size small with 2 inches added in length. As you can see this is quite the oversized top. It fits more like a tunic than a tank, but I still like how it looks, especially layered over something else. I used Cotone yarn, about 6 balls worth in a nice leafy green color...I promise my next project from this book will be in a different color...I jsut really like bright green. It took me probably a week total to knit...but that is just a rough estimate as I was highly distracted by all of the beautiful weather we have been having, not to mention numerous house guests.

I've said it before, and I will say it again...I highly suggest this book!

5 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

CONGRATULATIONS! really cute nephews you've got there, amazing how much resemblance they show to you!
CONGRATULATIONS ptII: nice tank! really pretty and the green rocks.
(the book's on my list)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger craftoholic said...

Pretty tank! I always think that if you love a particular color it's one that looks good on you :-)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Sabrina Hirsch said...

OOOOOOhhh, that is absolutely lovely, nice work Andrea!

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soon and very soon you'll be knitting amongst your fans and clan...we're counting the days.

Great looking kids. Must be an outstanding gene pool....

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Nora said...

Your Shell Tank is the nicest one I've seen to date (and gorgeous colour to boot)!
You've inspired me to buy the book and start knitting - just in time for summer!

PS: I found you via the Knitting Nature KAL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home