i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

So it seems I forgot to mention the point of the title of my last post...heh heh. So, if you didn't catch on it was because I am getting to know my new home more and more each day...yeah. Okay moving on. This afternoon JFC and I did the Kaharoa Kokako track, you basically hike down thru beautiful and tangled native bush down to a river below. It was really amazing...you end up in this clearing, crystal clear water flowing thru, surrounded by high walls covered in moss and ferns. If you are lucky you can hear the call of the Kokako, a native bird on the endangered species list. I would love to go back in the early morning...they say that is the best time to hear the birds, and in the summer time you could definitely dip your feet in the gentle water. Here we are...cuppa tea time...MMMMM...very nice.


And I did some knitting! yay! I finished up the cable panel for the Shell Tank from Knitting Nature. One more panel and I will be able to sew the pieces of the puzzle together. I reallly enjoy the pattern, it is quick and the cable was big fun. JFC's hat has been put on hold...I didn't have quite enough yarn, so I bought more only to realize it isn't the right yarn. woops.

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger LinknKnits said...

Beautiful scenery! Certainly beats Michigan this time of year! (And the cable section looks nice, too!)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

OOH the hikes seem like so much fun and it´s soooo pretty there! As is your cable part of the shell. Good work, can´t wait to see it finished!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Megatron said...

i can't believe you made that. seriously. also...i don't live in a wild "bush" (haha) land and don't go on fun adventures so therefore its tough to update blog. also...gimme the dates you'll be here now that you have all your tickets purchased, please, and thankyou and love ya bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home