i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Yarn Yarn Yarn...I love Yarn

Presenting.....


AQUAFLUFF! (name courtesy of JFC)

The yarn I used was a natural sheep wool, undyed from New Zealand, 200 grams worth. I dyed it with Koolaid so generously provided from Meredith..and one from you mom (although not the invisible one...i'm saving that for a special occasion..heh heh). The colors I used are Arctic Green Apple, Grape, and Ice Blue Raspberry. and I like it...i like it a lot. I used the handpainting method...in other words i just filled up some cups with a little bit of water and the koolaid and splashed it all around the kitchen. Most of which, thankfully, landed on the yarn. then Into a steamer basket in the soup pot over boiling water and an hour later...voila! Fruity smelling Aquafluff. I plan to use to knit up some Pomatomus socks.

In the meantime I am being taught how to use my spinning wheel today! So so so excited. I will report back on the progress tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

The yarn looks truly aquatic and funky, good job splashing! Good luck with those potototototmatosses, they look really challenging to me.
Very, very curious about your spinning adventures, let us know a.s.a.p.! ;-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the dye job, very nice. you must be feeling better. Very curious how this spinning wheel thing works. too fun, mom

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Megatron said...

mom and i were at the folk fest today and there were women with spinning wheels spinning and they taught us all about it. they get together once a month and trade flock and wool and spin and teach new starters. very interesting. most of them harvest there own wool and everything. anyway mom thought you might like it and we thought of you.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does the yarn still smell fruity?? you could make scratch and sniff socks for little kids!! i bet thats where all the money is!

katie rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home