i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Little Shout-Out to the Man I call "Daaaaaaaaad"


As you can tell from this early "head shot" of my father he's a pretty good looking guy, perfect for the stage...and always ready to bring a smile to your face. Now there are a few key points you should pay attention to in that sentence. (He's thinking in his head ..yeah...the good looking part! heh heh). But I would like to focus on the next to parts...the stage and the smile. My father is currently following his dream to be an actor. Which although exciting and fun, is also hard work that doesn't always pay a Brad Pitt salary.

So along comes my birthday and I live across the world = not the cheapest shipping for a man on an actor's wage. But being oh so clever my dad digs out a box of stamps from when he was working his other job. Eureka! Just enough for the postage....so a short couple of weeks later and this arrives at my doorstep in New Zealand...I'm not sure what is better the package or whats inside!


Edited to Add: By the way I have been knitting and doing knitting things...but I've been very very sick, hence lack of posts. But I am doing a bit better now and will be taking pictures and posting more often!

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I made the blogspot!!! If I'm not mistaken, I now get 7 years good luck!!! And not a moment too soon!!!!!


dad

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Ok I give up, outside the parcel is great but what was in it!!??

Happy birthday by the way. :))

Cheers and many happy hours spinning.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! You are safely held in the love of many, including your Dad. I am happy to see that you continue to drink deeply of life; it is indeed a precious gift. May your life continue to bring you serenity and love.

Your Godfather,
Jay

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are our parents the funniest people in the enire world. oooh family. gotta love it.

katie rose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home