i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hording



It seems I have grown an obsession not just with knitting, but with knitting books. I suppose all of us knitters are a bit obsessed with all of the paraphanalia (yah i don't know how to spell that) that goes into it. I never thought I would buy lots of knitting books though. At first it seemed to me like buying cookbooks. I can't bring myself to buy a cookbook because I know there are probably only like 2 recipes I will ever make out of it. Instead I just find recipes on Food Network. com and other handy sites of the sort.

There are a ridiculous amount of free patterns to be had out there in Internet land...but I just really love the books. I mean, I have books that I haven't made anything out of yet. But I just love looking thru them. Reading the authors blurbs about knitting and all its glory. It always inspires me and rejuvenates my passion for the craft (like it needs rejuvinating..heh heh).

So on to the books. My lovely sister Meagann sent me both of these for my birthday. Thats right, not one, but 2. Very exciting. I love the Knitting in Nature. Although I find some of the patterns a bit unrealistic for real life (kind of like Loop 'd Loop) there are a few that make it worth it, and the rest are brilliant to learn from. She really stretches the boundaries and makes you think outside the box.

And Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles...I can't wait to get my Ug-I mean Beautiful self dyed yarn knit up into some knee socks using this method.

JFC is off snowboarding today so I have a big day of knitting ahead of me. I am just putting the finishing touches on a sweater I finished last night, so pictures should follow shortly. Then the possibilities are endless. Oh yeah...I don't think I ever posted this picture of the mittens I finished. The pattern is from Weekend Knitting. I just love how rounded and perfect they are. I used baby alpaca yarn from Woven Art that is just AMAZING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home