i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Fetching Indeed

Well I finished up these fetching hand mitts a couple days a go. I used the Anchor Magic (color 1405) that Saskia sent me.



The yarn was just delicious. Very soft and luxurious to knit with. I only wish I could find it here!



The pattern I think is good...but a bit big for my hands. If I was to do it again I think I would use a solid color yarn and make them at least an inch shorter in circumference.

4 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

ooh, what a great idea! I might copy you there! pretty! :-)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger LinknKnits said...

Love the mitts! Very cute!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

HI

I have just finished these as well. I also found them a little large, put it down to using a different yarn than the pattern What I did do was when casting off I knitted the 4 stitches at the top of each cable this way, knit 2 tog knit 2 tog this decreased by 2 between each picot on the decrease row. It certainly made a difference and made the top much snugger to the hand.

Knit on

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Beverley said...

That was a fast response!! I am just finishing them off by beading with small pearls, Mum will love them if not quite me. I also prefer the green in the original pattern.

I am going to try again with finer yarn and see what happens. Will try and post a pic of the finished pair tomorrow.

I must admit I really like the pattern so am keen to iron out the small difficulties, I have small hands anyway. :)

Knit on >^..^<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home