i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

For the Love..



So i have been doing stuff....just not anything I felt like posting about. I don't know why. I have been going thru...well lets call it a "transitional stage." or an early twenties crisis...whatev. You see, and i think you other knitters will be able to level with me on this one (or maybe not, no pressure) but its an obsession. I want to do nothing else. I dream about knitting. about yarn shops. about spinning and dying (which is next on my list...and the waiting is killing me). there are so many things i want to make that i get overwhelmed and just sit. patterns and ideas flowing thru my head.

in the meantime...there is real life. and what am i going to do with it? where will we live...will we just keep country hopping until we are old and gray? does that mean we can't ever get a dog? cause i want a dog. what will i do for work? will somebody see my love of knitting and say "i've just got to pay you to keep doing that...cause you shouldnt do anything else!" or will i have to find other work...like in an office or something.

there's also the fact that we are kind of hermits up here in our log cabin house. sometimes i wonder if i look all crazy when i leave the house...my hair has no style and i haven't really bought any new clothes (besides necessities, like jeans) since my freshmen year of college. next thing i know i am gonna be a crazy lady walking down the road wearing clothes from high school, with "i'd rather be knitting" silk screened on the back of my old cheerleading t shirt.



i suppose only time will tell. the good news...for now i get to spend most of my days fulfilling my obsession. clapotis up there is almost done (and yes that is me wearing my pajamas at about 6 in the evening on saturday night..heh heh). i finished that fit to be tied clutch a week or so a go. and i also just finished a pair of fabulous mittens out of the best yarn ever. i will post a picture when they are done blocking. next on the list? i need something big...something satisfying. not sure what though. there are too many ideas.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Heide said...

Knitting obsession isn't a problem, the non-knitters of the world just need to get with the program and realize that it's necessary. Most of my wardrobe comes from garage/yard/tag sales. Do they have those where you are? Anyway, I'm usually several years behind in fashion because I need to wait for others to wear it and sell it first. There are just so many more important things than clothes... like yarn. Your Clapotis turned out lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home