i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

U-G-L-Y you ain't go no allaby...You ugly..yeah yeah, you ugly


Alright, here is my first attempt at dyeing yarn. I think in the back of my head I knew it was going to turn out ugly. I didn't really have the exact colors right...plus i think I used too many colors that were a bit too different to actually meld well together. not to mention 3 of those colors are Dylon Cold dye...which in the directions said that it would have a very light outcome. Well it did the exact opposite and had a very concentrated outcome. Heh Heh. I am excited to keep trying. I figured I will just knit this up into some ugly knee socks. I made it self striping, which was a very fun experiment indeed. Now that I have got that first attempt out of my way, which was doomed to be ugly...I think it will be blue skies ahead. Kool-aid donations are welcome (but please, no more Invisible Flavors..heh heh)

I had to throw in a close-up...lets face it, it is my first attempt...my baby...and i love it, ugliness and all.

5 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think It looks great. to me it looks like the colors of the leaves arround thanksgiving. When they are starting to change but not all of them have made it that far. Good Job

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger LinknKnits said...

I think it looks wonderful! Very autumnal. :-) And very impressive that you made it self-striping, too...

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger gullyer said...

Its sooo NOT ugly! I love the colors!! I think knee socks would rock!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

HI

Try some modular knitting adding in a plain yarn in one of the dominant colours and I think you will be surprised at the out come.:) In fact you will wish you had dyed more.

Try this link

http://www.artyarns.com

Knit on.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Megatron said...

HEY! i have a sweater out of these colors!!!! i am NOT joking. so since i have clothing of this making...this yarn cannot possibly be ugly.

this is the word of melanie, your sister, meg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home