i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Clapotis in all its glory


Well Clapotis is finally done and dusted. Here is a close up of the dropped stitches. I love love love it. It was well worth all of the tedious hours and 6 balls of that sunset wool.

I had to block it on the area rug because it was so big. I started to worry I had made it too big, but I compared it to the pashmina my sister Leah got me for my birthday last year...just a few inches difference.

Here is the back view so you can see all of the lovely dropped stitches

Wrapped up. It is soft and cozy, and yet funky with a bit more style...I am definitely happy I added a few inches to make it into a larger stole instead of a scarf.

And yet it still looks cute as a scarf anyways.

so Yeah ...this project took me ages (at least it felt like ages as my mind quickly wandered to other projects I wanted to start.) Hence why it gets so many pictures. I've got to say in the end, this is probably my favorite item so far. So if there is any one left who hasn't made this...you should cause it is fantastic. Thanks Kate Gilbert for such a fabulous (free!) pattern and I will "Wear it everyday indoors and out and eat a croissant."

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Great job. It looks lovely, as does the view behind you in the photos!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Very cute!

Just wanted to say you saved my sanity the other day. I've been reading your blog for awhile and when I had an issue with a pair of socks I was making it drove me crazy for about 24 hours. Then I remember the entry about the sock that you fixed and it definitely helped. Thanks!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Looks great. I love mine too, however it sheds way too much to wear it often. Oh well. I would make another one in a different yarn because it is such a great stole.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger LinknKnits said...

Wow! Looks great! I am one of the few people in knit-blogland who has not tackled Clapotis... but your's sure makes me want to!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw. It's nice to see fellow Michiganders who knit... even if they are half way around the world!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger AR said...

Very cute clapotis!! I love your whole outfit, actually! Very 1980s retro.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

how ON EARTH is it possible that I never commented on this post... I must have in one of my emails...if not, I'm a jerk! I just noticed while linking to this post from my blog... can I just say, just in case I never did: It looks great, as do you in your funky funky outfit! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home