i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mother Knows Best

So this morning right as I was getting ready to leave, JFC came up with a big box that had been left on our front step...a package from my mom for my birthday. My birthday which isn't for another week and a half, but I just couldn't wait to open it. First off she sent me these cute cute cute shoes...which she said reminded her of me. I don't know about you, but I really love when someone happens upon a gift like this that they know is perfect for you. It just shows how well someone knows you..and I don't know, its just special. I love love love them. I have already been wearing them all day, hence the smudged toes.

Next up is the yarn I asked for. I ran out of it in the middle of a sweater...literally the middle...I have the front and one sleeve done. I can't wait to finish it now. I dream about the store this yarn came from. In fact I was dreaming about it just last night...and funnily enough in every dream, something happens where I don't quite make it into the store...hmmmm



This card is another really perfect for me kind of card. I laughed for a good 5 minutes. Not only does it fit me, my love of wine, and my awkward dancing to a T...but it also reminds me of my mom...because in those ways...I am a lot like her. (not to mention she tucked a nice little twenty in there for me...heh heh)



Last but not least she sent me the kool-aid I asked for. I have been wanting to dye some yarn, but as far as I know you can't get kool-aid around here. Now mom, I hope you don't mind the teasing...but this was just too good to pass up. Please take a closer look at that packet on the top. Do you see what I see? "Invisible! Clear Drink! Great Fruity Taste!" I think this was funnier than card. I guess I will be drinking that one.



Thanks so much mom...even half a world away...you know how to make me feel special!

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

What a great mom you have. The invisible kool aid is SO funny. Priceless - only a mom could do that!

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea I laughed till I cried, the scary part is I don't do these things on purpose. I laughed so hard I called Meagann and Aunt Mary and got Katie and made them all laugh with me.

Happy Birthday Baby

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Megatron said...

anj-
mom really did call us all and make us read it....INVISIBLE KOOL-AID FOR YARN DYING....totally hilarious. i miss you :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home