i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Affair



I have never been a multi-project kind of gal. One is all I need to keep me happy. I am usually so excited to finish the project I'm working on and see the end result that I just don't have the time to venture into a second one. Until now.

I have been working on Clapotis, and although I know I will love the end result...the actual knitting of it has become a bit daunting. Like a relationship grown tired...it has started to feel boring and even tedious. So my eyes begin wandering...looking for something with a bit more pizzazz...something quick...and possibly even sexy. My hands slow and my mouth hangs just ever so slightly open as I spot a hot little number I just can't ignore...I slowly set down Clapotis, pick up my hook...and never look back....



It was like a whirlwind...I didn't know what had come over me. I sympathized with myself..."it was out of my control, it was only 2 hours...it won't happen again...nobody has to know..."

But it did happen again - I began working on Clapotis...and again my hands began to tire and again I urged for the excitement of something new...just a quickie...nothing long term, just a few hours...



Now I have Clapotis on my needles, Fit to be Tied on my hook...and still my eyes wander. They wander to the summer issue of Knitty and these Fetching Fingerless Mitts that would be just perfect for my frozen hands. Or these sexy little Baudelaire socks. Or even the oh so popular Pomatomus socks. I even went and bought some wire today to begin crocheting a cowboy hat...yes a cowboy hat (don't knock it till you try it) When will it end? Will I continue to juggle all that can be fooled by my seemingly innocent intentions? Or will the lust and two-timing turn and bite me in my back end? Will my youthful energy wain and projects go unfinished? Have I bitten off more than I can chew?

Well friends, only time will tell.

(Read: by the way the fact that Clapotis has becoming a bit tedious for me can only be blamed on my own poor decisions. It is a loving and nurturing knit that I will cherish upon its completion and I suggest it to anyone interested in making it...just don't choose an ultra fine yarn and then decide to make it into a stole instead of a scarf by adding lots of inches...it takes me at least 5 minutes to knit one row (=1 hour per 12 row section... x a minimum of 12 sections just for the body.)
The hat in the picture is "the pdq" and the clutch is "Fit to be Tied" both from the Happy Hooker.)

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

I'd never thought I'd say this to you... but you are becoming the 'happy hooker'... you floozy! (just kidding)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger mle said...

Girl! I know what you mean! I too thought I was a one-project-at-a-time-kind-of-gal until one day....POOF! I had three different projects on my needles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home