i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dirty Little Secrets



There are little, secret "habits" I have when it comes to my blog. Mainly the pictures. You see, every photograph you see on here is taken by me. Now this isn't because JFC refuses to offer help as I struggle taking a picture of myself. Oh no. I won't let him. In fact he gets locked out of the room. Why is this? Is it a woman thing? Or maybe just a knitter thing? Or maybe even a DreaRenee thing? Whatever it is...its a thing I just can't help.



There is something about finishing a project. It's just so personal. I need some time alone with it before showing it to the world. I need to try it on, get comfortable in it (or in some not so happy scenarios throw it in my "to be frogged" basket). When I knit something and then decide I like it and then take the monster step of wearing it in public...well, it makes me feel very vulnerable. I think I just need to practice a bit and then I will surely realize that no one notices me wearing a handmade sweater. But sometimes it makes me feel like I am walking into a crowded room naked... "Look at me! Look at me!"



Ok, I am straying from the point. Pay no attention, it's just another of my insecurities surfacing. Basically I lock JFC out of the room and take about a million pictures of myself in different poses and faces until finally I feel I have a passable one to post on here. You see, this is my first step out the door. My first step in public. With all my stitches bared...just hoping I'm accepted.



So here you go...I'm taking that step, and a few extra. Here are a few pictures of my latest FO... the Angel Sleeve Top from Vogue Winter 2005/06. I used a beautiful undyed thick and thin yarn name Periwinkle, handspun at Woven Art. Included you will notice a picture in which I accidentally chopped off my head, one where I was trying to hold my arms in a way that showed the oh so delicate and beautiful bell sleeves, and in a few of them how I have to slightly bend my legs to make sure I don't chop off my head again. Welcome to my therapy session..hope you enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger mle said...

Very nice! I know what you mean about wearing knits in public....for me, it's actually not the public that bothers me, it's that I get really self conscience about wearing my knits in front of my friends and family! Talk about crazy!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be the yarn I just sent, so this was the unfinished project. I love it, not only wear it, I would flaunt it. You look marvelous.

love your mama

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

Andrea - thanks for the comment! I COMPLETELY know what you're talking about! Whenever I finish a project and want to post it up, I wait until a slow time at the store and take a million pictures of myself, testing out poses and expressions, trying to find that one shot that will be ok for public viewing. Love the sweater!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Love the sweater, love the tattoo! It gets easier after the first public display so wear it proudly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home