i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rainbow


Well here is the finished fad classic. Unfortunately, i have a slightly skewed body image and made the wrong size (it fits to loosely and ends up making me look like a lumpy bag of potatoes)...so now is the time to make a decision. It would fit someone with a better endowed bust size very well...so I could give it to a certain someone I know who I think it would look nice on...or I could frog it and knit a size smaller. But I need a break before i tackle that decision, so in the meantime i am knitting JFC some socks. There is a hitch with that as well though, you see JFC inherited his grandpas skinny-minny legs...so I am writing a pattern to fit such lanky limbs (in other words winging it as I go along with my fingers crossed, not even bothering to do a gauge...heheheh)...but so far so good. I have the guidance of Elizabeth Zimmermans "Knitting Without Tears" so I think all will be well.

In other news I am going to be doing a little bit of work at JFC's bookshop, I train tomorrow. Wish me luck...mmm...yarn money :) I also realized today that we get the Knitty Gritty on the Living Channel...yay!

Well today was rainy all day, but we were fortunate to have a break in the afternoon...I leave you with the beautiful rainbow we viewed from our balcony.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I would rip and re-knit to fit your size.

The rainbow looks beautiful - hope you made a wish when you saw it.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Saskia said...

I agree with Lisa, it's supposed to be for you, you wil do it quicker the second time around and you'll be extra pleased when you finish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home