i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Pooped

Well I am whipped. 2 days of moving and I am ready for bed at 8 p.m. But we are here and it is more than I could've dreamed. Especially in comparison to our last place (which we were paying over $500 extra per month for)...I mean #1...this place is clean! so clean...and so easy to clean! Dishwasher, nice floors...no weird little cracks for crap to get stuck in. And the fire place...it heated the entire place within minutes...and the shower!!! we actually have water pressure (at the last place it was like bathing under a kitchen faucet, i had to spread my hair over my shoulders to try to distribute the water over my body). And the views...from our bedroom you can see the lakes, bush, and the mountain. I am just so excited. I wish that all of my family could come visit me tomorrow so they could see this. We finished most of the unpacking today, so tomorrow will be easy.

In knitting news...I feel very distracted. There are so many things that I want to make that I get overwhelmed. I mean if I spent half the amount of time knitting as I do researching...well me and JFC would have a wool wardrobe. I just get so caught up in looking at the books and the blogs...dreaming about what to knit and how to design it and then wondering how the heck I will ever start really designing my own stuff because there are just already so many amazing patterns out there...and ugh. At least I have figured out a way to knit and read at the same time...although I am pretty sure that slows me down, and you can forget about doing any lace patterns or anything, it pretty much has to be straight stockinette. Focus. that is what I need. I'll start tomorrow...after a good nights sleep in our new home :)

Sorry about the lack of pictures...things have been a bit hectic, but I should be back on track tomorrow. And thanks everyone for leaving me such nice comments and all of the good luck wishes for our move!!

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel about being overwhelmed about what to knit. I hit that point last night and it's driving me nuts! I also spend more time "researching" than knitting. ><' Good luck to both of us as we find the inspiration we need to get that much needed knitting focus! ^-^

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

Hi there,
Here another one... I get sooo inspired by other peoples blogs and projects and knitting sites and, and, and... that I spent most of my -allready not so much spare- time online.
I knitted my first sock a month ago or so and am already suffering 'one sock syndrome'. first have to finish a present but then I really want to start on my first sweater, but what about the sock and my laptop cover and my ipod bag....? I need personnel!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home