i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, April 14, 2006

Social Butterflies


Well it seems that since our move to Lake Okareka, me and JFC are quite the hosts...we have already had 7 guests today and 2 more are on the way from auckland to stay for the night. All though the really funny part is that I think we are much better at socializing with people between 30-50 years our seniors then those our own age...oy. Anyways it has been busy busy busy...but still good. I am just happy to be at our new home. we woke up with the sun this morning and went on a lovely walk in our new "neighborhood"...pictures are sure to follow. We have everything unpacked, including 2 beds in the lower level (hint hint my family and friends back home...lovely place to stay...really...come on...you know you want to...). I have to admit though i am really looking forward to having a normal day tomorrow. And that picture you see..well that is my response to the whole "way to distracted looking at knitting things to actually knit". Right after I posted that I sat myself down and knitknitknit away on my fad classic...which is coming along quite nicely. although my fingers are still twitching to get into something "andrea made". so i must get on top of that. I need more yarn though. I have realized that i just don't have much. the stash needs to grow...big time. donations welcome :) i guess it is time to get a job...so i can buy lots and lots of yarn and really make some progress! unfortunately i have no weird stories or witty jokes to tell...ooo wait...then again i hope he doesn't mind...but well this just made me pee my pants...

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom but I don't know what got into me, so I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is to! o bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. I tell them
"No........I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously...

"Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions .

thanks dad...you are the best...you never fail to make me laugh.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kid!

Well, at least I know you're reading my e-mails....

Life is good, no?

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaahaha thats hilarious! I really thought that happened to you at first! miss you girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home