i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

the Calm After the Storm


First things first I just want to wish my sister Meagann the happiest of birthdays...this little guy is for you! I named him Maevery (derived from meggy mae) but you can name him whatever you wish. I hope he brings you some happy rays on your special day!!

Secondly, for anyone who reads this and emails me as well I am sorry for being slack on the replies...it has been hectic hectic around here. We got all moved in, finished unpacking on Friday morning and immediately had a stream of guests after that. Ending with a couple we are friends with from Auckland staying for the weekend. It was a good weekend...we did lots of exploring of our new home. But now it is finally just me and JFC left here alone to well relax :)

Now I should also mention a surprise visitor we had as well. It seems a neighbors cat thinks this is her 2nd home. We found her sneaking in twice and when we finally just let her in she hung out all day til we kicked her out before bedtime. This morning she was meowing the second she noticed we were up at about 8 a.m. Now I like cats and all...but she won't leave now! She has been here all day. And she is quite the talker...doesn't shut up. Thing is we aren't allowed to have pets...and she obviously belongs to someone else. Even though we offer her no food, and barely that much attention she seems to liket his place better than her permanent home. Oy....who gets harassed by a cat?? And how do you pretend to not hear or see the cute little face meowing outside your window. She has even taken to pacing along our balcony railing where she knows we can see her.

Ah well...time to watch American Splendor.

1 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Beverley said...

Hi Glad to hear the move went OK! You new home sounds wonderful. Even the "visitor" thinks so!!!

Now all the hard work has been done you can sit back and enjoy it...As for knitting who says you can only have one project at a time. You need at least three or four. PC knitting, TV knitting, small take out knitting and something complicated to feed the soul.

Knit on >^..^<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home