i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Red..for now



Well today has been quite the day! It started off with me knitting a good 5 inches of the back of the Fad-Classic...quite happily as it is very fun to knit. So as I am knitting this lovely Knit & Tonic number it gets me thinking about a post of Wendy's from a while back...where she decides to make her own mannequin (for any mannequin or spelling enthusiasts out there i am sorry if I butchered that word...)...anyways she decides to make one by duct taping herself and then cutting it off..ect...you get the idea from the pictures involved in this post. So JFC is heading down to the hardware store to buy tools and I tag along to get the necessary equiment for my project...duct tape.



So we get back and I get to work...throw on an old T-shirt and just start taping myself up...which really isn't as easy as it sounds and soon enough I needed help. Anyways it went pretty smoothly and I was excited to start snapping some pictures. It was the snapping of these pictures that reminded me that the other day when I was using my camera my memory card was missing from it...so I take a few on the internal memory, put on the kettle for some tea and go to get my memory card. this is when the drama begins...I look everywhere (keep in mind we are packing to move...tomorrow) and it is nowhere to be found. Now I know I would've only taken out the card in my knitting room so I am tearing the place apart..becoming increasingly frantic. JFC hears my "franticness" (or cursing, whatever you want to call it) from his office and comes to help. But no card. Not anywhere. Now #1...these things aren't cheap...#2 I had a lot of pictures on that card. So my world is crumbling and I am getting more and more upset and more and more unconsolable. I give up...JFC gives up (he tried to make me feel better but nothing he could've done would've made me feel any better). A few tears were shed...and well to make a long story short...I was being very "dramatic." So giving up all hope I put in a movie and picked up the one thing that can get my mind off of my lost pictures...my knitting. And I am knit-knit-knitting away. About 3/4 of the way thru the film I notice something isn't right with my knitting...I take a closer look...and realize that everything I had done that day had been backwards...somewhere along the line I had done a row twice so that the "wrong" side was now on the "right" side. And I'm gutted...I slowly unraveled over the next 45 minutes all of the progress I had made today. A dark cloud was hanging over my head. I finished unraveling and got up to make dinner...which thankfully turned out wonderful. And then as I am sitting there finishing my glass of wine, JFC gets up to go get a box to pack up some of the kitchen stuff we are done with and comes back in the room smiling...and at this point a little ray of light shone thru my dark cloud...as out he held that little blue chip...my little lost to the world would never find again...memory card.

I am happy again. And below...is Red (or at least that is what I am calling her for now...suggestions are welcome)...this little lady will be the official tryer-onner of all of my knitwear, including that lovely little fad classic...no matter how many times i have to frog it and reknit it. Well I'm spent...time to sit back and drink my wine...life is still good.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

hahaha, looks like a fun project. I once made one out of plaster when I studied art. I made a snake that wriggled around my boobs in an 8 figure, so serious then, so funny now...
If I still had it I wouldn't be able to use it as a mannequin (no idea how to spel it either...) since I'm a 'wee' bit bigger now...haha! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home