i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Smitten Kitten


MMmmmm...pinecones. We collected a huge canvas bag of these for the fire...and let me tell you, they work like a charm. The fire is roaring away, and we are toasty warm. And the only downfall was that a little while a go I picked one up and a bug crawled out of it and on to me...and well, I am a bit skittish when it comes to itty bitty critters (oh sure I love the big ones that are fluorescent green....) but pretty much anything else makes my skin crawl...such as yesterday when I wandered into the toilet (a compact space mind you) and this insect starts jumping all around. So, naturally I scream and get out of there as quickly as possible, but calm down once I realize it was just a cricket...or so I thought. JFC came running in thinking I was injured and says "Oh, its just a jumping spider!". "just" my bum! As if spiders weren't bad enough I don't need them jumping at high speeds around me in tight quarters. Yeck.

Anyways...the kitten (who I am currently calling "smitten"...was sitting meowing outside of our bedroom window the second I opened the curtain this morning..pawing to get in. I don't think she went home all night. Tomorrow we will have to hunt for her owners and find someone to adopt her (JFC's parents maybe??)

As far as the knitting goes...well yeah...its been going very slowly. I made some headway last night, but it was a nother busy day so I have yet to do anything. I spent the whole morning ( I am talking a solid 3 hours) talking to every member of my family. And directly after that it was time to take care of the "to do" list...which included buying a TV (yes we finally succumbed to the mighty power of TV...we live in the boondocks...don't want to go crazy just listening to each other talk!) We are even going the full monty and getting digital cable. What can you do??

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jim Simon said...

Hey Andrea,

Helen and I have Aaron and Larissa on our minds....we sure hope they are on the mend....God...that's scary. We love reading your blogs!!

I'm not quite the blogger you are but here's mine:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/21756634

Cya....Uncle Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home