i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bubble Pullover


Well FINALLY I have a finished object. The Bubble Pullover from Knitting Nature. I used 10 & 1/2 balls of Rainbow Pure Wool in a discontinued shade = I made this sweater for under $30.00!! I love the color...so it is sad that it is discontinued. This sweater was veyr very fun to knit...the construction is just amazing. It's like putting together a puzzle. So very satisifying. I made the size small...so it fits a bit more like a normal sweater instead of like the really baggy one in the book. I love the wide collar. Really I just can't say enough about this book and author. If you want to see more pictures of finished objects by other people from the same book just click here.

Now the sweater is in the sink getting ready to be blocked...you may have noticed it is a little misshapen in the pictures, but I was just excited to finally post some knitting again.

Last night I cast on for a pair of knee socks using 2 circular needles and my handdyed yarn :) heh heh. I definitely like the technique, and I have to say, that the more I look at my ugly yarn...the more i love it! Pictures to follow shortly I'm sure. I also plan on dying more yarn today as my friend Meredith sent me a huge box of Kool-aid, and JFC is off for the day snowboarding.

well time to get crafty!


9 Comments:

At 3:07 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

Drea! That sweater is amaaaazing! Good job girl, it's a real, real, real homemade treasure. I think it's about your most 'adult' knit I've seen and I hereby declare you knight in the order of knitty! (imagine tapping on shoulders with sword and trumpet sounds)
I have to get that book!

(your hair looks really cute in the bottom picture by the way)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger LinknKnits said...

Gorgeous sweater! I have seen some beautiful stuff from that book in blogland...How long did it take?

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Looks so great!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the buttons on your new sweater ang!!! i cant wait til your here in michigan. me and mom will just miss you in california. we are going on the 21. :( i miss you sooooooooo much and im sorry you never got you happy birthday message!!! but the good thing is you have a present waiting for you here! how is snowboarding going with jc? have you tried it since mickey mouse hill? hahaha you will have to try it this winter with me!!

i love you very very much!!

katie rose

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger gullyer said...

Wow! Thats awesome!! You always seems to have some kind of new knit every week! I wish I was as speedy and talented.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one, you must make me one of the same. the color and everything is really very me.

I miss you too much, your mother

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

WOWZA - beeeyuuuteefull. I have that book but haven't tackled anything yet - this may just be the inspiration I need. . .

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater looks super cute! I didn't even give it a second glance in the book, but I would definately consider making it in a wearable size.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger craftoholic said...

wow, your sweater turned out just beautiful, lovely color too! It's one of my favorites from the book and now that I've seen it looking great on a 'real' person, it's going on my knit list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home