i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

24...24 Stitches To Gooo...I wanna be Sedated


So my all time favorite scarf is a store bought. I just loved the giant ribs, the color (its the pink one there) and the cozy fit. When people (knowing I am a knitter) would ask me if I would make it, I would guiltily reply...no...this one here is a purchase, and definitely not handknit.

It was finally time to take matters into my own hands. Equipped with a dream and my best friend it was time to head off to the yarn store and figure out how to replicate this oh so perfect scarf.



That was Saturday afternoon...by Monday afternoon we proudly bound off our better-than-look-a-likes and wore them out for the first time last night. I don't think I have ever in all of my knitting days gotten this excited about knitting something as basic as a scarf. But this...this just turned out better than we could've dreamed.



My only word of warning: Don't pose sitting in the snow, as it makes for a wet bum.


This pattern (which I could hardly call my own because it is not something difficult to dream up...) is as follows:

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick, 3 skeins
Needles: Size US 17
Gauge: Roughly 2 stitches per inch
Pattern: Cast on 24 Stitches

Row 1: k1, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k1
Row 2: p1, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p2, k2, p1

Repeat these 2 rows until scarf measures 101 inches, or your desired length.
BO in Pattern

Cut 24 - 14 inch Strands from same yarn. Holding 2 together at a time thread thru center of each knit rib along the bottom and tie in a knot for the fringe (6 on each end). Voila!

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I've been stressing over what to make my sister in law, but I LOVE your scarf so much I must make one for her! :D How many skeins did you use?

My fave scarf it also store bought ><' Werid how that works huh?

Great work!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tijm said...

Thanks for the pattern!!!
Do you have snow??
I always think that were you live the sun is shining al the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home