i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

He came back



For those of you that read the beginning of our story I will continue on a bit.

JFC (when he was still just known as the cute boy who liked falafel) came back. I looked up and saw his curly hair and oversized headphones, and heard those 2 magical little words "falafel sandwich." And I smiled. I smiled very big. (And then my hands began shaking and I had to go in the back and have someone else ring him up because I was so nervous...)

He continued coming in every day for lunch, and I continued happily wiping down the already clean tables around him, attempting awkward small talk along the lines of

me: so you like music?

him: yeah

me: ME TOO!!

All of my coworkers knew about my infatuation, including my very, lets say talkitave, boss. She soon took it upon herself to not-so-subtly play matchmaker. She would tell me she needed to talk business, but over here (right where JFC would be sitting). Finally one day she asked him if he would like to come to the bar and grill we hung out at, not-so-casually mentioning that I would be there as well. He just smiled shyly.

He didn't show up.

Feeling silly, I toned down the smiles to just a friendly waitress smile. Things went back to normal, and I just quietly enjoyed his presence at lunch time.

Until finally, 2 months after I had first laid eyes on him, he came up to me as I was taking out the trash. Thinking he wanted to put a napkin or something in the bag I kind of offered it in his direction, with a slightly crazed smile on my face. But then much to my surprise he asked if I would like to go to a show with him that night at the bar. A bit surprised I just said "yes", but quickly realized I was only 20, and couldn't go to the bar. (I cleverly worked that all out the next day...but we will leave that alone). We decided he would call me the next day, so I wrote my phone number on a piece of waitress order paper...and well that was that. He still has that piece of paper with my number. I gave it to immigration as proof of our relationship. We hung out that next evening. And then the next day, and every day there after.

Also for anyone curious...that cat that decided to come live with us?? He's still here...and he has a taste for chives.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

what a happy, happy ending! Catsy looks really really cute on top of the pot, hehe! :-)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Delia said...

llveuWhat a great story!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet story!

My cat likes eating my Christmas Cactus. ><'

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger gullyer said...

Aww, thats a great happy ending story!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger mle said...

What a beautiful cat! Sounds like he found a good home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home