i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Thats Snow on That Thur Mount'n


Winter is here. JFC is off snowboarding and I am home attempting to keep a pitiful little fire going in the fire place. Looks like I need to learn some man skills as well. I'm definitely not into the grabbing of the logs off of the spider infested wood pile...*shudder*

The funny thing is JFC works from home and I knit from home (heh heh), yet he leaves for a few hours and I still miss him. Sickening isn't it?? I remember the first time I saw JFC. I was working at the restaurant and noticed him come up to the counter in a huge knee length winter coat, giant headphones wrapped around his curly brown hair...short stubby beard, tattered jeans and chuck taylors. He came up and asked for a falafel sandwich. And those are the only 2 words I heard him speak for the next month. He came in every weekday, walked up to the counter and said "falafel sandwich." I would watch him walk in the door during the lunch rush and would make whoever I was working with switch places with me so I could be the one to hear those 2 little words. I didn't even realize he had an accent for the first 2 or 3 weeks. I decided I would win him over by smiling really big whenever he looked over...that surely would let him know my intentions. So Monday thru Friday at about 12:45 it was "falafel sandwich" and a big smile.

After a month of these going ons I left to go visit a friend in Philedelphia for a little over a week. Telling her about the cute boy that came into the restaurant every day.

I came back, looking forward to working and spotting the cute boy with the big coat and headphones...but he didn't show up that Monday. Or Tuesday...or any other day that week. I was sad. And work quickly became just counting down the minutes again to go home. Nothing to look forward to, to break up the day.

I decided he must've been an exchange student whose term had ended and he had gone home. I gave up on all my daydreams and hopes that he would finally realize what all the crazy smiling was about and went about life as normal.

OO...the phone is ringing, and should be a friend from back home...I hope...more on all that at a later date...back to knitting in the next post, i promise.

4 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

Yeah!!
We wanna hear/read the rest of the love story!!

:-)

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Saskia. You won't be hearing the end of that story for a loooong time...

dad

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Saskia said...

Hey 'Dad', nice to meet you! You're right, let's hope not! But I'd love to hear the end of the episode! :-)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Heh you can't do that to me...what happened!!!???

I agree about winter to, sleeting here this morning when taking the kids to school, kindy brrr.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home