i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Mancala Hour

Well here it is...the project I have been talking about. A homemade mancala game. I had one when I was little. It was wooden and had turqoise stones as the playing pieces. I use to play for hours with my god sister. Then just a couple years a go, I played again with my nephew Aidan. I love this game because it is simple enough for even young children to play...but entertaining enough to keep playing thru-out adulthood as well. It was very fun to do something besides clothing. Something a bit out of the ordinary...even if I did have to felt until my hands just about fell off. We even made our own playing pebbles out of clay. Let the epic mancala battles begin!

2 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

OMG! I totally knéw you were going to make this. But not having heard of mancala, I just thought it would be something different...hahaha!
It looks amázing! Good job girl and só original. :-)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger amanda j said...

Your game is very cool - even I love to play mancala although I HATE playing games!! Because a lose!! Our kitty cat loves to get the birds. Very yucky but thankfully my SuperSpunk deals with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home