i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Do a little dance, Knit a little love, Get down tonight


So I have just been in a quickie mood lately...not motivated enough to knit something big, but itching to do something quick, something fun, something interesting...I needed something with a semi intricate pattern to keep my short-attention-spanned-self focused...but not too intricate 'cause I like to do other things while I knit...such as watching Coronation Street and Little Britian. So I cast on to do a hair wrap...easy and perfect for putting in a fun stitch pattern.

I decided to do this easy heart pattern, and was enjoying it so much I cast on in another color and knit both at the same time. As I was knit-knitting away I realized I should share the love...so here's the pattern...go ahead...do a little dance, knit a little a love, get down tonight...


I 'Heart' Highlighters Hair Wrap
(named after the first yarn I cast on with ...as it is the exact colors of highlighters...and yes I purchased it the same day as the "techni-color yarn mistake")

Needles: size US 4/3.5mm straight needles
Yarn: for the I 'heart' Highlighters I used a fine sock yarn by Patons,
for the I 'heart' Snow I used a sport weight merino wool by Naturally
I didn't bother doing a gauge...cause its a hair wrap and I'm lazy...but I suggest knitting quite tightly if you are using the sport weight so that it isn't too wide

Special Stuff:
*When I say YO, I'm not including the knitting the next stitch...so basically what I mean by YO since it is always on a knit side...is just bring the yarn to the front.
*SKP: Slip 1 stitch knitwise, knit the next stitch, then pass the slipped stitch over the stitch you just knit
*S4K: same as a SSK, but slipping 4 stitches knitwise, instead of just 2
*SK2togP: slip 1 stitch knitwise, knit next 2 stitches together, pass the slipped stitch over the stitches you just knit together

Directions:

CO 27 stitches
K first 3 rows (garter stitch)
Begin Stitch Pattern:

Row 1: k2, yo, k2tog, k3, yo, k1, yo, k3, skp, yo, k1, yo, k2tog, k3, yo, k1, yo, k3, skp, yo, k2
Row 2 & all even rows: purl
Row 3: k3, yo, k4tog, yo, k3, yo, s4k, yo, k3, yo, k4tog, yo, k3, yo, s4k, yo, k3
Row 5: k3, k2tog, yo, k5, yo, skp, k3, k2tog, yo, k5, yo, skp, k3
Row 7: k2, k2tog, yo, k7, yo, skp, k1, k2tog, yo, k7, yo, skp, k2
Row 9: k1, ktog, yo, k9, yo, sk2togp, yo, k9, skp, k1

Repeat stitch pattern until desire length...I would suggest anywhere between 35 to 45 inches. When you have reached desire length:

Knit thru Row 3 of the pattern
Row 4: purl
K 3 rows (garter stitch)
BO

Voila...feel the love.

3 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger amanda j said...

It must be hair wrap kind of weather. I have just knit a Panta and am looking for other things to knit. Thanks for the pattern.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

NICE! I wish I had a bigger head to wear something like that I love it.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

How cool! I'm doing one! Or two! Thanks Drea! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home