i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, June 02, 2006

One Tree Hat


I've said it before and I'll say it again...I've been busy. I shouldn't really say that considering I only work about 1 day every 2 weeks...but it seems I have an amazing talent at keeping myself busy all the same. In fact it scares me...because I am not sure how I will ever fit anything more in at the rate I am going.

Anyways...the project I have been working on, which I choose not to speak too much about...well it involves felting. A lot of felting. A lot as in I finally got fed up trying to do it in the sink and just got in the bath with a million bits of wool and turned into one giant agitator (for those of you out there who may not knit, or who may knit but not felt...well just ignore that last comment). Basically to make a long story short I needed a mini break. And the other night as I was looking longingly up at my stash I noticed 2 balls of yarn that seemed to be gazing at each other. They had to meet...and they were going to do it with my help or not. So I decided to help.

It was a simple pale yellow merino and a perfect gray-softest-you-have-ever-had-the-fortune-to-touch-yarn and as I held them my thoughts began running a marathon around my head...Voila...I needed to make a hat. But not just any hat. I have already made a couple hats this year, and although I like them, they aren't really getting my heart pumping. I needed a hat that could be worn any time...rain, shine, or snow...something that looked like a favorite. Something worn every other day (the day the hair is not shampooed). So I cast on an extra 12 stitches for a loose fit and threw in a random stripe sequence. But hadn't I seen the most amazing tree the other day?? And why did it keep popping into my head? What could I do with that tree???? Ah yes...I had to wear it. And wear it I would. I was nervous, embroidering can be like drawing without an eraser...but it was meant to be, and I had to try...

And so was born...the one tree hat. And a much needed break from "the other project". Which by the way..here is another sneak peek:

3 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks suspiciously like a logo!!!

dad

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! You're so creative- with the extra sts you cast on. It turned out absolutly GREAT!

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

I'm so in love with that hat, I can't speak...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home