i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Raining


Well it has now been raining here for 6 (and a half!) straight days. Sure the first day or 2 can be quite cozy...light the fire get snuggled up in front of it and knit to my hearts content. But now, as I look out on terrential downpour and gusting winds...I've pretty much had enough. My vitamin D levels must be at an all time low. Yesterday we decided to get out of the house and go on alittel road trip to help with the rainy day blues...I personally was uber-excited because from my internet research there were not 1, but THREE good yarn stores in the town we were going to. So the whole drive down I am imagining the yarn I want to buy, the projects I want to knit...and the rain...try as it may..could not dampen my mood. Then we get to town...2 of the yarn shops have been closed, and the third switched hands and is now a fabric store with a few balls of yarn in the corner. I almost cried. This isnt the first time this has happened...there was suppose to be a "yarn world" with the "largest selection of yarn ever!!!" near where we use to live...closed. How I miss my michigan yarn stores...I had 3 amazing ones right where I lived...not to mention the basic craft stores that had a decent selection. *sigh* The good news?? It seems all this rain makes for perfect lighting in the bush to take interesting macro shots. I really love bright green of those leaves...and that moss down there looks like it should be underwater. Ah nature...you cure my woes.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

what a sad story...
:'-(
but what pretty, pretty pictures...
:-))

(I don't understand though, NZ is the land of sheep right? then where are all the yarn stores?
Maybe you should start one!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home