i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Oh the terror


Well today has been a little bit of a struggle...

I woke up at 7:15 a.m. to the pounding on our front door by a delivery man. He brought me a package saying that my application for a work permit in N.Z. has been accepted...so yay for that. Well now is that crucial decision...do I just stay up? Or do I go back to bed for an hour? Well, considering I have some time sensitive knitting to be done, I decided to just get up. So I make myself a cup of tea and sit down ready to get busy. But first...first I have to check my email. Now when I say email I don't really mean email...yes I check that too, but that is just one of many things on my daily list of "must checks". There is also myspace, my blog, flickr, and all of the zillion blogs I am addicted to, and not to mention anything that happens to sidetrack me during this process. So even though my original intention was to have a knitting marathon to get everything done...here I am at 9:15 in the evening....14 hours later, with only this to show for myself. Which is now lying (in a somewhat disturbing manner) in bits and pieces because as I was finally making some real headway, I am happen to look up from the blog I was reading at the same time to see none other....

then a FREAKING MOUSE! yes a mouse! a mouse in my house! (insert witty rhyme here). I have had enough of this house. Sure it was quite novel in the beginning...but unfortunately that is all it has turned out to be. I have had enough of the critters, and the gaping holes, and the slightly decaying walls...I am ready for it be a memory. Something that while I am sitting snuggly in front of the fireplace and spectacular view of my new, much more sturdy home I can look back on and smile fondly. But before any fond smiling will be done...we have to get out of here. It is time. The countdown has started...just 6 days to go...6. days.

P.S. I did finally change the settings on the comments...so now anyone can leave one even without an account. So leave me some love for Pete's Sake!

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

I so love the house, and I am really green! You lucky thing.

Looking forward to hearing about the move and hope all goes well. Knowing life I suppose there will be a bit of drama somewhere!! :)

As for the mouse, try waking up to a dead one underfoot , pressie from the resident feline!!

Knit on >^..^<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home