i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hi, My name is Andrea, and I'm an Addict


I have a sick and unhealthy addiction. Ever since I was young...for as long as I can remember...I've been addicted...to pens. Yes pens...and not just pens (but mainly), also pencils, markers, crayons...school supplies in general have always sent my heart a flutter. When I had an allowance...I would ride my bike down to Rite Aid and spend the whole lot on new pens and pencils. I just can't help myself. I've been known to carry upwards of 30 writing utensils at a time in my purse...you just never know what one you will have the urge to use. Now I never TRY to steal pens from others...if I am at lets say a restaurant, and the waiter gives me a marvelous pen to sign the slip with..well I may take their pen...but its a trade, cause I always leave them one of my less desirable pens in its place. But well...the sick truth is that sometimes, without realizing it...my subconscious takes over and steals pens without me knowing it! (not off of store shelves or anything...i'm talking used pens)...which brings me to this afternoon. All day at work I was using an absolutely fabulous purple pen. Wrote like a dream, ink flowing in smooth even lines. And in my head I thought to myself, man I like this pen...but I must leave it here...I am working for JFC's parents and there is no way I am going to swipe one of their counter pens (you know the old ones you give people to sign their credit card slips with). Besides I don't need anymore purple pens...I have at least 10 or 20 at home! So I set it down and just reminded myself that I will be able to use it whenever I work. And that was the end of it...didn 't think about it again. Until I got home and was flipping thru a magazine and found a sudoku puzzle to do. I reached my hand into my pocket and what did I pull out??!! THE PURPLE PEN! But i didn't mean to take it. And I have abosultely no recollection of taking it. I swear, its like I have no control. But I will return it on Monday...because I will not allow myself to sink so low into my addiction that I begin swiping the pens of JFC's parents. Oh man.

Anyways I have been deligently working away on writing up the sock pattern. And it was going so very smoothly..until I got to the heel. It is proving quite difficult to describe the craziness in which I accomplished the heel...its really very simple...and I want whoever else that does it to find it simple as well...but to do that I must find a way to write it clearly...and that is well, not so simple. I am thinking I will just draw up some diagrams. Because I think if I had pictures to go with my crazy mumbo-jumbo, it would make it much easier for the reader. Cross your fingers.

Well it is time for me to start dinner...and then I plan to knit knit knit tonight. I haven't been able to do any knitting due to the pattern writing. But hopefully with a little luck I will finishe the pattern and have it posted in the next few days.

Thats all. Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home