i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Up to my same old tricks!

Satisfaction guaranteed...It seems that in the little bit of free time I have had lately I have spent it baking bread (yes the same recipe..thanks again grandma!)

This time I do think I improved though. I found the kneading much easier, and I didn't get over excited and add an extra few cups of flour! I also decided formed half of the dough into rolls. I think placed a metal pan in the bottom of the oven as it preheated. When I was ready to bake I poured a cup of hot water into the pan which immediately turned to steam and helped to form a nice crisp crust on my bread. Very fun!

And as for knitting...well the same old thing on that front too! I am about to have mittens coming out of my ..eh...ears. I am happy to report though that I am finished! All eleven pairs have been delivered and should be on there way to keep somebody else's hands warm.
Which is finally necessary here in Michigan as we just started getting snow for pretty much the first time this year (!!) yesterday morning.

I am now off to knit anything my little heart desires :) and watch CSI...its going to be a nice night.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger mle said...

Oooh! that bread looks so good!! and way to go on all those mittens!! Those are going to be some happy people with warm hands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home