i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finding a Nitch



I have wanted to be everything under the moon. I wanted to be a marine biologist, an art teacher, a criminal psychologist, a cosmetologist, a travel agent, a small business owner, a ceramacist and of course a knitter.



Out of everything I wanted to be, my longest lasting would be teacher, small business owner and knitter. Then just about 2 weeks a go my sisters boyfriend's mom asked me if I would knit her some mittens.



Well besides just the enjoyment of knitting, I loved playing around with the packaging and going that extra step to make the final product worth her money. From printing my own fabric tags to sew in, to finding the perfect natural cloth, ribbon and recycled paper to give it the organic look i love...I just enjoyed every second.



As I finished tying up all the bundles I felt such a feeling of accomplishment. I think I am finding my perfect little nitch in the world...putting in to motion the things I want to do and that I believe I can do.
And I am so excited about it.



oh yeah, and to top it all off...she just ordered 6 more pairs.

6 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Saskia said...

I can't believe this... great minds think alike... I have similar logotags, ajust cardboard tags with logo and wrap my packages in brown paper with brownpaper cords... Great taste you have Drea Renee!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Delia said...

cute, cute, CUTE wrapping!!!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing that catches my attention...I swear I have a piece of striped fabric that is the little oval of your labels. It surprises me every time I see it.
Gillian

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea, your work is beautiful and everyone should be ordering mittens from you!!! I'm so happy I could be your first of what I'm sure will be many sales, you have a true talent and gift! Keep up the great work.
Matt's Mom

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a badass!!

daaad

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glowing green with envy for your printed labels. I must know your secret! What type of labeling did you use and where did you get it? *^_^*v

 

Post a Comment

<< Home