i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Friendly Fast Informed Fun!!

So yesterday I did something I never thought I would do...I had to go to a 9 hour lotto class. As in the lottery. As in sitting in a room with 10 other people learning about lottery...and how to sell it. Hence the title of this post...thats the Lotto's Motto. It all began with me being the last one there...and the only available seat was dead center. There were some bonuses to having to do something like this...namely the other people involved. There were of course the few that were really into it. Chit chatting away with the instructor, asking lots of inquisitive question, cracking jokes...then there was the 16 year old teenage girl, really only there so she could skip out on a day of school. The one male (who was extremely well dressed for a lotto class), and last...and my most favorite the 40-something who wore hip hugger low cut jeans, a tummy shirt (as in a shirt that young teenage girls wear to show off there tummies) a glittering belly button ring, too much black eye makeup, and nice big frizzy hair (in the U.S. we would refer to this along the lines of white trash...here in New Zealand they are known as bogans). By the end of the day she was hootin' and hollerin' and cracking dirty jokes left and right. I had the 16 year old sitting next to me and cheating off my quizzes (yes we had quizzes...and posters...and almost play role, luckily we ran out of time). To frost the cake that was my day, we had to correct the quizzes, and everyone called out the answers as we went along...unfortunately the only question i decided to answer i answered wrong. I get one question out of thirty wrong...and that is the one I decided to yell out (not to mention i shouted at a delay...so everyone heard my wrong answer loud and clear.)

good news...I get a lotto badge as I am now a professional learned lotto girl.

Well I am now being distracted by my glass of wine...back to knitting matters tomorrow :)

1 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

hahaha, that sounds like something out of 'Roseanne'! Well, congratulations on beeing a lotto-girl! Nice one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home