i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Better by Hand

Well photo #1 is me wearing teapot cozy as a hat with a ponytail hole before felting. (okay yeah...i've had a couple glasses of wine..heheh) Farther down is the post felting pick of the teapot cozy drying on some pinecones on top ofthe fire place. I must say, I think i may just be a hand felter from now on. I felted my laptop bag by machine wash and well..it just didn't turn out so hot. some spots didn't felt as much as others, it took ages, there were creases, waste of water..and i realize now how much better it could've been, with a little elbow grease, dish soap, and hot water. Tonight I created a perfectly felted little teapot cozy that i just can't wait to throw on my teapot tomorrow morning...and then well, just sit back and enjoy a hot cup of tea. also i just did the pattern as i went along (ok so it is pretty simple...but still...with the felting and gaps for the handle and plunger...it took some math) and it just made me all that more excited to keep writing my own patterns. In the beginning it is horribly scary...thinking about it not turning out...the wasted yarn (well at least post felting)...wasted time...and feelings of failure...but then...to have it turn out...and better than you expected. well, it just is so worth it. soooo...all is happy in the knitting world.

5 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay- it turned out great! I love how pink and green go well together. ^-^ I'm hoping to get a really nice teapot for the wedding and of course I have to knit a cozy for it! I'd love to knit yours if the patterns up!

See ya!
*waves*

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

What a great cozy, are those secuence? (have no idea how to spell that...)it looks great!
When you have the pattern done, I'm definatly trying it too!I'll have to buy a new teapot though, mine is narrow and long instead of round and... well...round
:-)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger gullyer said...

I am sooo far from making my own patterns! Haha! It looks great! Even makes a great pony-tail beanie!

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I love that. That tea pot doesn't need cozying, it's your ponytail that needs that "hat."

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love you hat it's such a snazzy idea. The view from your balcony is totally amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home