i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back to Basics


Alright so here she is...the to dye for (or in my case to stripe for) sweater from snb handbook. All in all i think it turned out good. It is big and cozy. I am going to taper the sleeves a bit, as the bell on them is literally the size of my head, and a bit too "piratey" for me.

Last night i decided to get back to the basics and cast on for a new "man skills scarf" for jfc. i am using a more masculine and bulky stitch pattern and a nice heavy brown new zealand wool. i didn't think i would be doing a scarf again any time soon but JFC seems to think he is entitled to a new one every season...so here we go. Besides that I just plan to do some touch-ups on other projects while snuggling next to the fire.

Oh! and since I am a blogtard and can't figure out how to link my free pattern for JFC SKINNY SOCKS I will just email it to anyone interested in a pdf file. Just click the "email me" link in my sidebar there, or leave me a comment with your email address.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

Hey, great work! Nicely done! :-)Looks like a great sweater for fireside-sitting and walks around the lake. Today I'm going yarn-shopping with boyfriend-dear's mom, I'm really excited. Picking out yarn for the clapotis and my first ever sweater!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love it! At first I thought you made the dress that was on the cover of the last issue of Knit.1- but at a second glance, I realized that your sweater is WAY cooler than the dress. Hehe, keep pumping out the projects!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home