i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wicked Michigander

Let me begin by saying I am proud to be a Michigander. And this hoodie...well this hoodie rocks. Flat out...its awesome.

Now...on to the knitting.


I am proud to say I have finally moved on from washcloths and mittens and into a more exciting project that I actually feel like posting about. (Now don't get me wrong...mittens and washcloths are definitely post-worthy...its just that I have been reusing the same pattern again and again, and they are all packed up in a box and on their merry way to Texas and I didn't even take a picture...)Moving on, that pretty lil' thang up there is Wicked! I am using a superwash merino, hand dyed at Woven Art. There are numerous things I love about this pattern...#1 Its so so cute...Gay's finished Wicked is what inspired me to knit this little diddy up #2 I love the helpful hints thru-out the pattern on ways to shape and size so that it fits the individual how it should #3 i plan to do the short-sleeve version, which means I had to buy only 1 skein of this yarn! (ok so it was a 500 yard skein) but still to make a sweater for under $30.00...n.i.c.e.


And finally...I was so excited about Wicked that I went back to Zephyrstyle.com and ordered Rusted Root. I l.o.v.e. the puckered sleeves. Again...a sweater for under $30.00! I am using the recommended Brown Sheep cotton fleece yarn, but in "Mint Condition".

So yes my friends, I am back...with a vengeance. Its time to get my knitting freak on...and I have been doing so in every spare minute of my day!

6 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your Wicked is going to be really cute!! I made the long sleeved version and now I want to knit it again in the short-sleeved version! Love it!

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rusted root IS a really cute sweater, now you're making me want to do that as well!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

so, so, so good to have you back. And what great choises in projects!! Can't wait to see them finished. Love to hear how you've been doing!

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i expect a blog within the next week. i want pictures of TEEXXAAASS :)

love you!!

katie rose

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, those sweaters are going to be so cute! And for under $30 a piece, too! Awesome!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I love your Michigan sweatshirt. My son has a friend who is an exchange student from Poland and it would be the perfect gift for her. Where did you get it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home