i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, May 19, 2006

When Good Yarn Goes Bad


I can't really blame the yarn...it was my own fault. I wanted to make another Dream Swatch out of something a bit finer and more colorful then the last one. Unfortunately I think I must've had on some rose tinted glasses when I spotted this techni-color dream yarn and thought it was a great idea. Something about all the neon colors got me all excited and I thought it would look just fab in my blonde hair. Even after JFC tried to sneak in a suttle warning "its awfully bright don't you think? kinda like kid styles?" my response"no honey, its fun, you've just got to imagine the finished product!" Unfortunately the finished product was a neon mess that when worn is bright enough to guide planes down a runway...just another dream (swatch..heh heh) to bright to come true. I am thinking I can just knit it into some slippers which i can hide under long pajama pants.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Beverley said...

Hi

How about combining it with say navy blue or black??

Tom Moore , an Australian designer suggested that all random dyed yarn should be knitted with a plain showcases the yarn much better. You could use 2-3 or more shades and the effect may be better. Just my 2 cents worth.

PS Wish we had the hot springs here. Brr

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Saskia said...

it's not that bad... maybe give it to sombody who needs a little color in their life. Or a little girl. Or someone that's colorblind...
Or you could indeed make slippers... or ovenmitts... or if you actually really, really dislike the yarn, go back to the idea of giving it away...

ps there's a storm going mad here, what summer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home