i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Monday, September 01, 2008

A day off!

happy labor day and congrats to all of you that actually got it off! I did, by happenstance, and have been enjoying every minute of it.

After swimming with the dogs this morning it has been a day full of crafting. I've mainly been knitting, and its funny, after almost a year break I have fallen completely in love with it all over again, and my hands haven't forgotten a stitch.

Pom flats! These were one of my favorite things to knit, mainly because I can get them done in a couple hours...and in knitting thats what we call immediate gratification!

I'm also working on a vegan cookbook, so if I'm not crafting, or at work baking, I'm probably at home cooking...


Vegan potstickers! I made the dough homemade as I can never find vegan wrappers at the store. This will be one of the recipes debuted in the first volume of my cookbook zine!


Here is the sushi I have been making at work. I usually just stick with a simple spicy tempeh roll, maki style. But after having a sushi series at class the other night I felt remotivated! Here is a tempeh temaki (i.e. handroll) and 2 pieces of avocado nigiri. I have also been playing around with frushi (fruit sushi), and its amazingly delicious in this texas summertime heat!

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Saskia said...

sooo fun to have you back! I'm not quite used to it yet, so I'm catching up today! Some yummy crafting and coocking girl! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home