i'll knit if i want to...or not

So this use to be my knitting blog, now its a purging place for all of my ramblings...whether it be craft, cooking, or just the craziness of my everyday life!

Friday, March 17, 2006

i love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck





Well we spent a lovely morning at the beach, Justin spent the morning surfing and i spent it sitting on a blanket and knitting my new project...the camisole tube from www.glampyre.com.





i am really excited about this project because it is only the 2nd piece of clothing i have done. wish me luck :) anyways we just got back alittle bit a go and had a delicious lunch which i suggest for anyone looking for something yummy & fresh:

Avocado Toast

*a few slices of your favorite grainy toast (my personal favorite..sunflower & barley or lynseed & soy)
*ripe avocado
*vine ripened tomatoes
*fresh basil
*coarse sea salt
*coarse freshly ground black pepper
*zataar spice (this is a blend of spices, sesame seeds, thyme, oregano...) popular spice used in Mediterannean food

very simple...just toast the bread, spread with avocado, top with basil and tomato and season to your liking. the fresh ingredients and hearty toast leave you full but not stuffed, a healthy and savory lunch (or breakfast)

well time to get back to my knitting and maybe an episdode of Blue Planet

4 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OOPS, sorry I had to delete my first comment - far too many typos even for me!

What I was trying to say was, I think you are very brave and daring for putting your knitting on the sand!!

Oh, and good luck with this project :)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Megatron said...

holy hell i turned matt onto the "avacado muffin" the other day...i've created a monster!!!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Megatron said...

holy hell, i turned matt on to the "avacado muffin" the other day....i've created a monster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home